Season greetings to all sons and daughters of Eruku city worldwide and their well Wishers.
The greetings comes from NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF ERUKU STUDENTS WORLDWIDE (NAES) NAES started in 1953 with Chief MB Omotinugbon as the pioneering President however the idea of developing the tourist potentials around Eruku city started in 2001 when Mr Kehinde Ayodele Clifford was the President.
Word are inadequate to thank God who brings our dream of developing Tourism to fruition. Our prayer also goes to NAES well Wishers who donated generously towards building our secretariat where tourism will be propagated in the center of Eruku city at Oke-murun murun. This is very different from the city hall.
The two TOURIST center are
1. Oke-murun murun in the city
2. Ilado Hill along Eruku Koro road.
SELF HELP IS BEST HELP
1. Our parents did a lot to develop Eruku city by opening primary and secondary schools and by donating land for the establishment of a seminary, all these have increased the population of Eruku city there by boosting the Economy drastically.
2. The land is made available to farmers mostly for non native and satellite village are springing up around the city. Come to Owode market to see how Eruku city enjoy economic boom.
3. WORD CUP : This is a religious competition which brings tourist to Eruku at list twice a year, it has economic impact as well.
4. Annual CAN revival even though for religious purpose it drew many people to the economy of Eruku city.
5. TOURISM: The Oxford English dictionary defined TOURISM as “The commercial organization of holidays and service for tourists. ” This has been our aim and target for the past eighteen years.
CHRISTMAS DAY: it will be officially declared open on 25th December 2018 it is for everybody. The children will stay and enjoy themselves in the city. There will be small games for young ones and elderly people. The Youth will go out to Ilado hill to see where our forefathers lived thousands of years ago during the stone age. They will enter the cave and inspect the stone mill. The sign post is properly placed along Eruku Koro road.
We are sure that the increased population will boost our economy.
EXAMPLES: In Nigeria were Abeokuta and Ogun State enjoying income from the well developed OLUMO ROCK.
2. Idanre town and Ondo State enjoy much income from the well developed Idanre Hill.
3. Patigi town and Kwara State enjoy much income from Patigi Regatta.
4. Ilorin Town and Kwara State enjoy traditional horses’ parade around the town.
Isreal, Rome, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, to mention a few enjoy unbelievable income from Tourism.
SIDE SHOW: NAES will like to honor and decorate past leaders and members who indicate interest this bear on Christmas day. The event which will take place by 4pm by the special grace of God. This event will be a continuous exercise. Those who will not be available for the honor this year will receive their honor subsequent year.
IMPORTANT NOTICE : Those who will be around to receive their honor this year should kindly contact The Very Revd E. O Fadipe before the end of November through
ii. P. O. Box 13 Eruku City Kwara State.
Enquiries could be passed through the above channels. Please Spread the news to all lovers of progress of ERUKU CITY.
The Very Revd E. O FADIPE
Grand Patron NAES